nvidia and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL

S. Bandyopadhyay sbandy at umd.edu
Tue Jan 4 14:25:21 UTC 2005

On 11:56am Jan 4, 2005, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote

>  Hi Fedora users
>
>  The subject of nvidia driver was up several times. I've managed to
>  install it correctly according to sugestions given on the list.
>
>  But, one of the steps was to uninstall xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL rpm. When
>  ever I update my system with yum this package gets installed. So I have
>  to uninstall it manually and install nvidia driver again.
>
>  How do other nvidia users deal with this ?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Przemek

grab the latest xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL rpm and after you
install nvidia do:

rpm -Uvh --justdb xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-X.Y.Z.i386.rpm

this will prevent yum from installing xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL.

of course anytime the xorg updates come out and yum
automatically updates your packages you have to uninstall
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL and re-install nvidia and do
rpm --justdb.