Firewall configuration in cooperation with system-config-securitylevel

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:34:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to do some basic firewall configuration, which extends
the possibilities of system-config-securitylevel. For example, I would
like to add one additionl open port for a single network only.

In order to achieve this, do I have to disable /etc/init.d/iptables
and provide my own startup script? Or is it possible, to stop
system-config-securitylevel from updating /etc/sysconfig/iptables? Or,
even better, do I have a possibility to add rules to that file without
interaction with system-config-securitylevel?

Regards,

Jochen

--
Sum. Cogitone?