extracted library files are not recognized

Gentian Hila genti.tech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:48:42 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I was trying to install samba client-3.0.10-2 in my machine but it
asks for a couple of library files liblber-2.2.so.7 and
libldap-2.2.so.7. I found out that this files belong to openldap
package. I downloaded the package and try to upgrade the existing one
but it found many other packages that needed the current version of
openladp so I extracted these two files (and their links) in a /test
directory and than I copied them over to /usr/lib where they belong
and made sure the links point to the righ location (basically created
two new links). However, when i retried to install samba-client it
displayed the same message again that the library files were missing.
Then I run updatedb, but still no luck. The file are there, and they
are the righ version and the right name. How come, FC2 doesn't
recognize them ?

What should I do to make FC2 "see" them ?

Thank you