Installation of FC3 fails on Promise SATA378 controller

email at alexeykorovinskiy.com email at alexeykorovinskiy.com
Tue Jan 4 17:38:23 UTC 2005

Hello. I haven't been able to come across any solution for this problem.
I have been trying to install FC3 and FC2 on a new laptop that has Promise
SATA378 controller. I can see that it loads sata_promise driver but the
installer still doesn't see my drive. My controller runs in ATA mode and
not RAID (I have tried RAID mode with no success). Promise has drivers
only for 2.4 kernel. Can someone, please help me out or at least point me
to where i can find drivers for 2.6 kernel?
Thanks.