OO Strangeness

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:30:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:40:13 +0000 (GMT), Jonathan Allen
<jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Having just done this hardware-crash-enforced upgrade from FC2 to FC3,
> I just opened an OO document in OOWriter.  The font (Nimbus Roman) had
> all changed to look as if it were 1.5 line spacing; it over-spilled onto
> the next page, although when last saved in OO it ws a comfortable fit
> on one page.  I checked all the format->paragraph options but they
> looked just fine.
>
> Any ideas what has happened, or how to get it back to a sensible fit ?
>
> Jonathan
>
> --

I saw a similar thing.  In my case I had a .doc resume that I created
in OOo, then I had worked on it at work in MS Word, then tried to open
it back up in OOo for some final edits and such.   When I did the
fonts just went haywire, which also increased the spacing.

I never could get them to be consistent.   I think I was using Word's
Times New Roman and it wanted it to go to Nimbus Roman or something
like that since I don't think TNR existed -- if it did I couldn't find
it.  I even tried changing it for the whole doc but it didn't like
that either. Apparrently there was some macro running or something
like that which I was unable to turn off.  My solution:  I am looking
into AbiWord to see if that is any better.

Marc