how to spoof the browser type?

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:40:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:23:31 -0800, Vadim <vadim at overture.com> wrote:
>  Works for me too.
>  Which URL are you hitting exactly?
>  -V
>

>  Scot L. Harris wrote:
>  On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 11:13, Marc M wrote:
>  Hi, I just visited the lovely user-friendly site myflorida.com where the
> job link gives you this message when viewed with mozilla firefox. I want to
> be able to alter the mozilla code to fool whatever it is with these dumb
> sites. Has anybody out there done such a thing? Thanks Marc **** This
> browser is not supported. Supported browsers are: 1) Internet Explorer
> version 5.0 SP2 and higher 2) Netscape Navigator version 6.2 and higher ***
> Seems to work just fine using firefox or mozilla 1.4.
> --

https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/ which takes me to

https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/reject.htm

I see what you mean, though, a lot of pages on that site are not a
problem.  I wonder if in their https configuration _only_, they
could've forced everything to be either NN or IE (shudder- in the name
of security).

Marc