Migrating ftom RH9 to Fedora

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Tue Jan 4 18:43:56 UTC 2005

Untrusted wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I'm planning a migration from RH9 to fedora core. Can I do it without
> risks for my data? I mean, can I install FC over RH not loosing my
> data and without re-installing all the program I'm using?

Hi,

I just did one of these RH9 -> FC3 upgrades a week ago.  It worked
pretty well.  It messed up my bind config files and there were some
other fiddling things I had to fix manually, but it came out pretty
well.  Get ready to apply a *huge* pile of updates to the FC3 after the
upgrade.  That part took *much* longer than the upgrade itself, even
over a 512kbit connection.

-Steve