ATI Drivers

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jan 4 20:21:22 UTC 2005

Maciek R. wrote:
> Yeah, I was searching for a resolution=driver for my 'Mobility Radeon
> 9700' (well my poor WLAN Card too ;-)) for weeks now, but found
> nothing ;-/
>
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 09:21 -0800, Rob wrote:
>
>>I am aware that 3D is broken in FC3 for ARI cards. I'm just wondering
>>if anyone here is involved in this and could tell us if/when it will
>>get fixed?
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>>--
>>---------------
>>Robert Bell
>>WASGuru at gmail.com

Contact ATI and ask them.  Linux is low on their priority list from
this article.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/business/20041230/index.html

[quote]
Meanwhile, for ATi, Linux remains largely a minority segment.
"Unfortunately, [ATi's] Linux development team is smaller than the
Windows development team, and so our focus is different," Tippett
said. "This remains a very small and niche market, limited only to
OpenGL gaming...
[/quote]

--
Robin Laing