ogle problem

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Tue Jan 4 21:49:53 UTC 2005

Temlakos wrote:
> Everyone:
>
> Well, today I finally migrated to FC3. I had to, after a Synaptic
> session with the wrong repository (probably the atrpms set--from now on
> I use only Dag and his friends, and *not* atrpms!) fouled up my X setup
> permanently. So I decided to "rescue" my data and do a fresh install of
> FC3.
>
> By and large, I've been able to restore most of my functionality--except
> for one program, and that is Ogle, the DVD player that manages DVD
> menus. For some reason it absolutely refuses to load--something is
> creating a seg fault every time.
>
> I have mplayer, and it works. But I'd like to know why ogle fails to
> load, when it loaded just fine on FC2. (Well, actually, sometimes it
> would load and sometimes it wouldn't, and the behavior always changed
> after an up2date session.)
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> FYI, I use Dag, Dries, freshrpms, and newrpms as apt repositories, and I
> have the Dag repos configured for yum and up2date. I am also using the
> current kernel.

I have had the same problem with no solution. I'm on FC3 and installed
ogle and ogle_gui several times and it always would not load. I could
never get it to work so I gave up on it. It did work okay in FC2 and FC1.

So now I use Xine and Mplayer to play my DVDs.

I use freshrpms and dag as my extra yum repositories.

--Kenny