ogle problem

S. Bandyopadhyay sbandy at umd.edu
Tue Jan 4 21:54:26 UTC 2005

On 3:49pm Jan 4, 2005, Kenny Gow wrote

>  Temlakos wrote:
>  > Everyone:
>  >
>  > Well, today I finally migrated to FC3. I had to, after a Synaptic
>  > session with the wrong repository (probably the atrpms set--from now on
>  > I use only Dag and his friends, and *not* atrpms!) fouled up my X setup
>  > permanently. So I decided to "rescue" my data and do a fresh install of
>  > FC3.
>  >
>  > By and large, I've been able to restore most of my
>  > functionality--except
>  > for one program, and that is Ogle, the DVD player that manages DVD
>  > menus. For some reason it absolutely refuses to load--something is
>  > creating a seg fault every time.
>  >
>  > I have mplayer, and it works. But I'd like to know why ogle fails to
>  > load, when it loaded just fine on FC2. (Well, actually, sometimes it
>  > would load and sometimes it wouldn't, and the behavior always changed
>  > after an up2date session.)
>  >
>  > Has anyone else seen this problem?
>  >
>  > FYI, I use Dag, Dries, freshrpms, and newrpms as apt repositories, and
>  > I
>  > have the Dag repos configured for yum and up2date. I am also using the
>  > current kernel.
>
>  I have had the same problem with no solution. I'm on FC3 and installed
>  ogle and ogle_gui several times and it always would not load. I could
>  never get it to work so I gave up on it. It did work okay in FC2 and FC1.
>
>  So now I use Xine and Mplayer to play my DVDs.
>
>  I use freshrpms and dag as my extra yum repositories.
>
>  --Kenny

i suppose this is another "me too" post. i have had the same
problems and running

ogle --debug

gives me something like

Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 7532
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7532 killed (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui)
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7532 terminated on signal: 11 (/usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui)
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: all children dead

etc...

looking at ogle-user list, i think this is related to ogle
gui

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/ogle-user/2004-December/002384.html

can you run ogle using the cli

ogle -u cli /dev/dvd