VMWare + FC3 - Video = ???

Peter Draksler fedora at tiburon.labstest.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jan 4 23:44:30 UTC 2005

Ryan D'Baisse wrote:
> Anyone know if there is a way to run VMWare v4.5 on a FC3 box without
> the need for Gnome or KDE?  I want to set up a machine just for the
> purpose of serving virtual machines.  Sure, if someone wants to log in
> remotely to a Win2K virtual machine, they can use Terminal Service to
> do it, but I should need the GUI on the server.
>
> If VMWare won't do it, is there anything else that will?
>
> Thanx,
> Ryan

Can't be done with VMWare Workstation (tell me if you've heard
otherwise) but is exactly what VMWare ESX server does.  It allow you to
remotely manage and install all virtual machines using their ESX
console.  It's probably pricey, I've only ever used a (fully functional)
demo.  It's an amazing product.

Peter