kstart --desktop not working correctly?

Charles R. Dennett dennett at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 01:18:36 UTC 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I use a program called 'kdocker' which allows you to dock a program into the
> system tray, and if you log off with them still active and then restart
> your session, they are restarted on startup. At the moment I have knode,
> Gmail Todo, kpilot, Kcheck Gmail, and firefox locked down with it, and they
> all restart. Perhaps it will help your problem?
>
> Take care
> Sharon.

Thanks for that advise, Sharon.  I like to have my desktop start in the
same state every time I log in no matter what it was like when I logged
off.  So, having it start the way I left it when I log off is not going
to work for me.  Manually saving a session seems to ignore the Firefox
and Thunderbird windows for some reason.  Starting with an empty session
and using a script to start what I want in the desktops I want has
problems in that they don't always start in the desktop I tell it to.

Oh well, I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks again.

Charlie