linux isps

S. Bandyopadhyay sbandy at umd.edu
Wed Jan 5 02:24:22 UTC 2005

On 8:48pm Jan 4, 2005, Marc M wrote

[snip]

>   PS If anyone has gotten netzero service over linux, I would be
>   interested in hearing about it on or offlist. I didn't see a
>   workaround with them.

not that i would ever use netzero (seriously!), but their
website says they support Linspire (wtf?!?). it seems they
distribute some sort of a .deb file.

so they have support for linux. it's just that they support
the wrong distribution. perhaps people should write to them
and ask them to support a better distribution.

btw- i used Netzero (on windows) once when they had those
free, ad-supported dialups and i was traveling. it was
terrible.