gnome-panel crash

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 5 02:56:20 UTC 2005

sly wrote:
> am i the only one who's panel keeps crashing?

No. Same experience here on a HP zd7000 notebook and on my desktop. And
I cannot see any common hardware between these two machines.

> it happens very often

Here too, but I cannot figure out a pattern, and there is nothing in the
logs which I - as a non-techie - would connect to the crashes.

> i've been trying to figure out the cause. so far i think is nautilus.

nautilus is crashing as well every now and then and the desktop icons
disappear (but that's happened only once to me, and nautilus was just
showing funny trees - e.g. missing out the filesystem tree at all).

After restarting gnome, everything is fine again - well, till the next
weird gnome-panel crash.

--
Regards
Markus Huber