ndiswrapper won't build with kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3

M. P. Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Wed Jan 5 04:24:16 UTC 2005

This issue has, with time, become a issue regarding maintaining
production boxes.

These problems, as I recall are indigenous only to fedora/rh kernels.
Fedora/RH, like SuSE insists on making kernels and other programs (Like
cdrtools) "fedoraized" or "SuSE'd" for no good reason other than
bragging rights that they tweaked such and such so it must be better.

Personally, I'm sick of it and Slackware is beginning to look real good
regarding production machines. I know I'm not the only one because
other users of Fedora have expressed the same sentiments to me in
private emails.

My background is AIX (Since the mid 80's) mixed with some Solaris. I
expect the kernel and key OS componets to behave and play nicely with
drivers and programs that interface with drivers. I can't afford a
tweaked kernel that breaks software.

Best regards

Marvin Dickens