kernel sources

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 13:46:25 UTC 2005

Chadley Wilson said:
> Greetings,
>

> I am looking for where i can download the 268 kernel, now being behind a
> proxy is preventing up2date from downloading. I have also tried searching
> the archive but don't know what to search for.

Point your browser to a mirror and look in the core/updates/3/i386/
directory.  Up2date just uses standard http or ftp to get the files, so
your web browser can do the same.

As to your proxy issue, I suggest trying yum because it seems to better
handle  it (though I believe up2date will work if you bypass userhelper
and run it directly as root).

--
William Hooper