nvidia and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jan 5 17:50:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:43:24AM +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 12:56, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> > Hi Fedora users
> >
> > The subject of nvidia driver was up several times. I've managed to
> > install it correctly according to sugestions given on the list.
> >
> > But, one of the steps was to uninstall xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL rpm. When
> > ever I update my system with yum this package gets installed. So I have
> > to uninstall it manually and install nvidia driver again.
> >
> > How do other nvidia users deal with this ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Przemek
> >

> Could some-one please answer this thread with a factual statement, as I also
> suffer from these symptoms.

Please check my post in this thread on how to use the ATrpms rpms for
nvidia-graphics and don't get irritated by some replies. The nvidia
rpms are maintained at ATrpms for more than two years, and have
reached a very high level of maturity (still any improvement
suggestions are welcome).

With apt you basically do

apt-get install nvidia-graphics6629-kmdl-`uname -r` nvidia-graphics6629

And move (after inspection) /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

(support for the latest Fedora Core kernels will be uploaded during
the day)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net