Feeding the trolls (Suggestion)

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Jan 5 18:48:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 19:33 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I wouldn't object setting up phpBB if it benefits users (but I myself
> am a mail/list user). Is this really much different than having a
> mailing list (like ATrpms has?)

I think so but, again, I have a very different and smaller constituency.
You can create a read only forum (the wiki) as well. In your
circumstance, it SEEMS that it would be much easier to read by topic in
contrast to searching through list archives.

For me, it is much better than a mailing list. I prefer the structure.
Perhaps others (more experienced than I) could weigh in on this.

BTW, I was reminded by a thoughtful reader that it is critical to use
the most recent phpBB due to a potential exploit that was fixed.
Moreover, there might be better choices.