usb camera problem

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Thu Jan 6 03:36:23 UTC 2005

Hello all,
  Running core 3 and if I plug in my Olympus usb cam, it comes up on the
desktop and I can look at the pics etc. If I unplug the cam after that,
whether unmounting or not, it will not bring up the cam again if plugged
back in and if I log out and back in , the desktop doesnt show. Nothing
much shows in dmesg or messages but it badly hangs the system and
eventually have to reboot to clear it up. Anyone else having problems
with usb hotplug?
--
cybersource.us
                         115 Richfield Road