NFSv4: is KRB needed???

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Thu Jan 6 09:43:51 UTC 2005

Hi.

I'm trying to use NFSv4 as it is supposed to work trough NAT (as I know
it uses only TCP port 2049). Both client and server are running FC3.

After spending lot of time trying and retrying to mount an export, I found
the following guide on internet:
----
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/NFSv4/NFSv4-no-rpcsec.html
----

I followed instructions from this guilde, however Im still getting 'Mount:
permission denied' error - even if I try to mount an export from localhost
(FS type nfs4 produce the mentioned error, however nfs is working fine on
localhost).

I guess that the problem is related to KRB (Kerberos-5). My authentication
backend is OpenLDAP. I don't want to change.
Do I really need KRB to use NFSv4? If yes ... is it posible to use data
from OpenLDAP for KRB?

Any hint?

Best regards,
Dezo