file owner 1058???

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Thu Jan 6 16:37:17 UTC 2005

jim lawrence said:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:22:47 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:18:15 -0800 (PST), Richard S. Crawford
>> <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:
>> owned by "1058"
>> >
>> > $ grep 1058 /etc/passwd
>> >
>> > should tell you who that is.
>> >

>> returns nothing
>> and futher more  if i log in as root ( i know i shouldn't) and
>> navigate to the trash, there is nothing in it   --

I assume you mean when you log in as root at the login screen, and not via
su in a shell.  :)  If you do that, and browse to the trash icon on the
desktop, you're going to find that the contents of that trash folder are
different from the contents of the trash folder when you log in as
yourself; these are two separate accounts, after all.

I recommend cc'ing the fedora list as a whole when you reply to me.  There
are a lot of people on that list who are far more experienced and
knowledgable than I am and who can give you better answers or call me on
my own mistakes when I make them.  :)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)