file owner 1058???

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 6 17:12:45 UTC 2005

Richard said about removing files [file owner 1058???]\
>> like  i said, i tried to build mplayer  before  and a whole lot of
>> problems. so i scrapped all of it and went a different way
>> here is the output you asked for..
>>
>> -- [root at localhost Trash]# ls -la
>> total 24
>> drwx------  2 jim jim 4096 Dec 28 09:46 .
>> drwxr-xr-x  3 jim jim 4096 Jan  6 11:31 ..
>> -rw-r--r--  1 jim jim 1524 Jan  1 12:40 .directory
>> [root at localhost Trash]# pwd
>> /home/jim/Desktop/Trash
>> [root at localhost Trash]# rm *
>> rm: cannot lstat `*': No such file or directory
>> [root at localhost Trash]#
>
>This is why I suggested cc'ing your messages to the fedora list (which I
>see you've done).  You've moved beyond my skill level with this one.  :)

Jim can try the following in the .Trash directory:

rm .*

This should remove the .directory entry.  A plain * will not remove this entry for some reason.  AND HE SHOULD NOT USE rm -rf .*.  This will clean out the directory that Trash exists in, including any subdirectories (hope you have a good backup!)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)