how do I upgrade from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 3...

Terry Polzin fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 6 18:55:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 13:49, Garry Cronin wrote:
> I have a dual boot system (Windows 200 & Fedora Core 1). I have ample
> disk space on both partitions to download the Fedora Core 3 ISO
> images...so, which is the best method for me to upgrade to Fedora Core
> 3. For example, does Fedora Core 1 have an upgrade utility I can use
> directly from within Fedora to upgrade the O.S. to Fedora Core 3,
> without having to leave Fedora.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
Me, I'd put the iso images into a partition that isn't going to get
updated /home is a good one.
Burn either CD1 or the boot.iso image onto a CD boot that CD.
At the boot prompt reply linux askmethod.
Select harddrive and subsequently the parititon the iso images are on with
full path.

Less to burn this way, and much faster.

I just did a FC1 -> FC3 upgrade on a Compaq 1600 yesterday via NFS similar
method.

YMMV of course.

Terry