FC1->FC3 migrating user settings, Gnome 2.4->2.8

w fm3 wfm3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 01:21:35 UTC 2005

Hi

I am trying to move from FC1 to FC3 while preserving  user settings etc

As a test I have moved an FC1 home directory (with all the .gnome config
files) over to a FC3 box and logged in.

Login halts at the splashscreen loading.. "The Pannel"

I can login ok if I remove the file  ~ .gnome2/session

I would be grateful if someone could tell me:

- what sort of stuff is saved under the session file?

- are their any other config files (mainly with gnome and openoffice) that
may cause problems when moving from fc1->fc3

Thanks for your help

Walt