freevo

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 7 01:47:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:37:32AM -0800, David Corrigan wrote:
> I noticed that freevo does not have packages for FC3, has anyone
> successfully installed freevo on FC3? I'm also using a 64-bit machine.

I took the tarball and worked my way through the configuration file.
A couple of things don't work quite right (TV channels aren't ordered,
etc...) but I can't spare the time to use it, let alone tweak the
configuration.
Give it a whirl!

> After I record something I also want to record it to DVD, will I need
> to convert the video to the apropriate format or use a specific
> burning program?

If you want to view the DVD on a computer, you can encode to any format
(use Ogg Vorbis/Theora!). I'm not sure how to create a DVD you can view
on a TV.

Emmanuel