Configure Wireless with WEP

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 02:33:52 UTC 2005

I've tried this post, linuxquestions.org, fedoraforum.org  and google
as well  i can;t seem to find anyone who has thier wireless configured
ifup cmd gets me an IP address but i can't ping anyone or my router.
if i configure to broadcast with NO WEP or any key, i can connect
fine.
if I change my settings in both Fedora & my Router I can't connect.  I
get a "Set bite Rate not supported error and it tells me to check the
cable.  This is really starting to piss me!!!!
I'm using the ipw2200 drivers 0.19-19  the driver seems to be ok cause
I can connect with out all the security stuff. if I don't broadcast my
SSID, I can't connect either
so here it is...
Broadcast SSID, No Security = Connection
NO Broadcast SSID, No Security = No Connection
Broadcast SSID, WEP Security = NO Connection
NO Broadcast SSID, WEP Security = NO Connection
iIve read the iwconfig man page followed the instructions
I even we nt as far as  coping the ifcfg-eth1 text file into another
edited it by adding the KEY
field to it put it back into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ and
reboot,  I get the   "Set bite Rate not supported error and it tells
me to check the cable  on boot.
my notebook is dual booted with winXP PRO  no problem there  BUTif you
read below it will tell you why i don't want to you it.

--
Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft