cifs mount problem with IP address

Mehtap Karaarslan mehtaptolga at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 11:30:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to mount a Windows share on Fedora3 with the IP address of the Windows machine.

This is what I do:
 /sbin/mount.cifs  //192.168.0.2/C /mnt/dell/ -o username=<username>,pass=<password>,rw

But I have
mount error 112 = Host is down
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I can mount those shares manually through the Applications->Network->Windows Network tools qnd
access. Now I would like to put them in fstab. Does anybody have an idea?

Cheers
Mehtap

=====
Mehtap Karaarslan