FC3, USB stick, and IBM t41 laptop oddities

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 8 03:09:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Harry Hoffman wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm having some issues mounting a USB stick under FC3 on my IBM t41 laptop.
>
> It seems that with the "echi-hcd" module loaded I got the following errors
> when inserting my usb stick:
<snip>
> If I "rmmod echi-hcd" and then insert the usb stick it works just fine.

I have the same problem with an exernal usb-2 hdd & T40. I'm guessing
its a hardware problem - and sending it in for repair (replace system
board). To do this - you'll have to talk WinXP with the service folks.

In WinXP - I get the following message on attaching the usb-2 device
'attaching a usb-2 device to a usb-1 controller' etc..

Satish