how do I copy from server to server

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Jan 7 22:06:59 UTC 2005

Yuk.

We use rsync to backup all of our servers to a central system.
Recently we have switched from tape libraries to using rsync to
backup the data from the central server to 200GB external firewire
drives to take off site. Using rsync maintains all the UID,GID and
permissions.

For one off jobs I often just use :

scp -r /src/path desthost:/dest/path

Mathew's script is pretty much how we used to do it.