Dual Booting FC3 Final and Win XP

Josh Davis joshd522 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 03:04:10 UTC 2005

I have a dual booted FC2 and Win XP system right now.  I had to take the
steps mentioned  at http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/  to get around the hard
disk geometry bug in the FC2 install.  I just got a new drive and want to
dual boot between FC3 and XP.  I have two questions I would appreciate help
with:

1) Does the hard disk geometry bug still exist in the FC3 install?  If so,
does following the same steps on the above web page still get around the
problem?

2) Does FC3 recognize an NTFS partition, or do I need to make my windows
partition FAT32?  If I can use NTFS, are there extra steps, or does it just
work?

Thanks,

Josh