mouse/kvm problems

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Sat Jan 8 08:26:43 UTC 2005

Ok, this is weird... All of a sudden, a couple weeks ago, my system started
behaving itself when I switched between two machine on the LAN with my Belkin
KVM. Prior to that, switching to my wife's Windows ME box and back to my
Fedora Core 3 machine would cause the mouse to go crazy. Well, today that
behavior is back, and it doesn't appear to be kernel-dependant, as I rebooted
with the slightly older kernel that I upgraded from this week
(2.6.91.681_FC3, vs 2.6.91.724_FC3) and after switching back and forth
between my Fedora box and my wife's Windows machine, that behavior is back.

I'm wondering, if it's not kernel-related, WTF is causing these problems? Why
did they mysteriously go away and now they're back? I just don't
understand... Seems to me that either there's going to be a problem with the
KVM and the mouse or there's not.

/me scratches head!