script issue

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:39:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:43:38 +0200, Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za> wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 19:06, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > > hi guys
> > >
> > > if a line is too long in a sh script
> > > I need to break it in to two lines,
> > > there is a method that tells the shell that the two line are to read as
> > > one,
> > >
> > > how do you do that?
> >
> > echo This is a \
> >       long line.
> >
> > Note: the backslash must be the last character of the line, no spaces or
> > anything else after it.
> >
> > Paul.
> Thanks Paul
> You are working rather hard today for me anyway?
>

> --
> Chadley Wilson
> Redhat Certified Technician
> Cert Number: 603004708291270

Why are you using this list for basic bash questions? Didn't your
Redhat certification course cover this subject? By the way, you can
just as easily use Google to find the answer.  I gave you a reference
to a bash scripting tutorial yesterday.  If you did not like that one
there are others available.  First, do some research on your own,
then, come to the list when you cannot find an answer.