configure wireless security

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:34:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:30:07 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 10:03, jim lawrence wrote:
> > On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:12:30 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > If it is a pcmcia wireless card you may be out of luck.  If you tell it
> > > not to start at boot time pcmcia cards get started anyways when the
> > > pcmcia services start.  What's even worse is if you tell it to start at
> > > boot time the network services get messed up because pcmcia is not
> > > started yet and this normally causes the pcmcia network cards NOT to
> > > start at boot time.  This feature is badly broken and does not work any
> > > logical way.
>
> > pcmcia = as in the "Centrino" internal wireless ?
>
> Not sure about a built in Centrino setup.  That was not clear from the
> other posts or I missed that part.
>
> I recently received a new tecra m2 laptop with centrino wireless.  Have
> not taken enough time yet to get that working.  But then again the load
> is Suns JDS which is SUSE based.  It looks like I should be able to add
> the 2200 driver to the system and get it working that way, just need to
> find the time to do it.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> In case of injury notify your superior immediately.  He'll kiss it and
> make it better.
>
> --

-- to get the ipw2200 working  as far as i have been able to is at

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/jim_lawrence/wireless/
&
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/jim_lawrence/securewireless/

these are 2 articles i wrote.  let me know what you think and if you
find something, i'll update the articles.

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft