"double free or corruption" error using PHP on Fedora Core 3

Alex Greg alex.greg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:11:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:59:02 -0500, David Cary Hart <Fedora at tqmcube.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 20:52 +0000, Alex Greg wrote:
> > *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption
>
> I believe that's a MySQL error when no records are found. I would
> reinstall phpBB to create a fresh table structure.

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. Are you sure this is the case? Firstly, MySQL is
running on a completely separate server, so it would have to be an
error with the PHP interface to MySQL. Secondly, we didn't see this
error on FC1. Thirdly, other people seem to be having similar problems
on FC3 - see http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22double+free+or+corruption%22++fc3&btnG=Search&meta=

Regards,

-- Alex