RPM's

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jan 8 23:36:51 UTC 2005

Am So, den 09.01.2005 schrieb Maciej R. um 0:10:

> > No, there can't be "a kind of EXE file for all distros".
>
> I mean one package for all distros by that and not Windows-EXE-File by
> that ;-)

> Maciej R. <m.mail at vp.pl>

I think I did understand well what you meant. But that is not possible.
While packages between releases of the same Linux distribution often
differ, the differences between distributions are much bigger (speaking
in general).
And who ever used Windows[tm] knows well to what it leads when software
exchanges system dlls or stuff other applications rely on.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:33:14 up 17 days, 2:17, load average: 0.38, 0.37, 0.39