FC3 Usability Problems

john bray jmblin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 01:44:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 13:11 -0800, Per Nystrom wrote:
 <snip>
> 2.  Two desktop panels is one too many
> 	o The new layout with the GIANORMOUS main menu drawer buttons is
> 	  ridiculous.  Use icons with hover popups to say "Applications"
> 	  and "Actions" -- don't spell them out in the panel!  Also,
> 	  trying to put the top panel on the left or right sides is a
> 	  sick joke -- the thing becomes massively thick and can't be
> 	  resized, probably because of the aforementioned spelled-out
> 	  drawer buttons.
> 	o If the above were fixed, it wouldn't be necessary to have two
> 	  panels.  Leave the desktop as clean as possible, especially
> 	  vertically.
 <snip>

i'm not sure quite what you're seeing, per, but i'm sure not seeing what
you are.  i set both of my taskbars to autohide and set the size of the
bottom one to suit me.

now that i'm used to the dual taskbars, i'd NEVER EVER EVER go back to a
single one.  having all my frequently used stuff at the top is
wonderful.

it seems to me a bit like you have some configuration problem going on.

john