gnome application fonts in kde on FC3

Troyston Campano fedoracore at troygeek.com
Sun Jan 9 02:12:28 UTC 2005

Hello,
In Gnome and KDE I set my fonts to Helvetica. In Gnome the Gnome
application look great. In KDE the KDE applications look great. But when
I run Gnome/GTK applications in KDE they look terrible...almost like the
fonts are distorted.

I did some research and on some web sites they said to call the
'/usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon' from ~./kde/Autostart so that the gnome
font settings get called. However, /usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon
doesn't exist...at least that I can see in Fedora Core 3.

So my questions are:
1) Does anyone know how to fix this problem so that gnome application
font settings (that are set in gnome) get applied when I run KDE?
2) Where is gnome-settings-daemon? Is it called something else in FC3?

thank you for your time!

~ Troyston Campano ~