FC3 Usability Problems

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 02:56:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:49:05 -0500 (EST), William Hooper
<whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Per Nystrom said:
> [snip]
> > http://www.netmagic.net/~centaur/CustomMenubarIdentified.png
>
> For being a "colossal waste of space" I see quite a bit of empty in the
> middle of the panel that isn't being used.  Why is adding some text a
> waste of space when there is a bunch unused?
>

> --
> William Hooper

Especially since the old RH8 default menu panel was one panel MS-style
panel on the bottom that was sooo damn big.

I mean you take up less actual screen space with the two panels than
the one that RH used to use.

"colossal waste of space" sounds like a justification of an opinion
not a statement of fact.

You don't like two panels?  Get rid of the Custom Menu Bar with a
right click - > Remove panel --  I believe and then add the menu back
to the bottom panel.

What is the big deal?