Priority of updates from flashing red "!"

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Sun Jan 9 15:47:25 UTC 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 11:26 am, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Is there some way to work out what the (security) priorities are for
> up2date on FC3?  ie which ones to update first?

There's no such thing as security priority (which one to update first...).
There are package dependencies but that's another thing.  If you receive a
list of 5 packages for update and 2 of those are security-related, it doesn't
matter which one you update first.

If your question is: How can I know if a certain update is whether a
security-update, bugfix or enhancement?  There's no way using up2date.
You'll have to subscribe to the fedora-announcement list and there you will
see what's the update for.  You can also download the rpm package and query
it's changelog.

I created a RFE on bugzilla in order to be able to see the package's changelog
in up2date (besides just package description). Let see what happens.

HTH,
Jorge