vsftpd settnigs

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jan 10 16:23:48 UTC 2005

    I come from a world where we only ran wu-ftpd for the longest time I
can remember.  Having just installed FC3 on a new server, I'd like to
stick with what it comes with, in this case vsftpd.  There are two
things I'm missing and I'm wondering if anyone has found a setting or
other way of making it work:

    passwd-check  rfc822  enforce
       - this option in wu-ftpd forces someone to use a correct e-mail
construct as the password.  (I'm not looking for the e-mail to be valid,
prevent people using IE to log in, which if not configured will supply
"IEuser@" as the password.)

    path-filter  anonymous  /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-
       - in wu-ftpd I can set that regexp up to check each file and make
sure they don't contain any weird characters, extra spaces, or other
artifacts before getting uploaded.  This is a must for us.

    Anyone have any idea how to get this functionality in vsftpd?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.