system-config-packages Can Not Find Installed Packages

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Mon Jan 10 19:35:42 UTC 2005

<777tahder at schlaegel.com> wrote:
>>rpm -q libselinux system-config-securitylevel krb5-libs krb5-workstation
>>pam sane-backends libxml2 libxml2-python
>> > libselinux-1.19.1-8.i386
>> > system-config-securitylevel-1.4.18-2.i386
>> > krb5-libs-1.3.6-2.i386
>> > krb5-workstation-1.3.6-2.i386
>> > pam-0.77-66.1.i386
>> > sane-backends-1.0.15-1.4.i386
>> > libxml2-2.6.16-3.i386
>> > libxml2-python-2.6.16-3.i386
>
>rpm on my just installed and updated FC3 does not report any of the
>packages you listed with a .i386 suffix.  Which repositories are you
>using?

I use the base, updates-released, and pre-extras.
The .i386 suffix is from a custom macro in my .rpmmacros file.
When I was running FC2 I changed from an Athlon system to a P4 system
and it broke many things. I added
%_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}
to .rpmmacros to find out what packages were arch specific.

The custom .rpmmacros is just in my user account, not in root.