mplayer as dependency error

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jan 10 21:25:00 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Max Kanat-Alexander um 22:06:

> 	The original problem is that you mixed fedora.us packages with ATrpms
> packages.
>
> 	That doesn't work. You need to uninstall all fedora.us (or pre-extras)
> packages before you use the ATrpms packages, or the other way around. Or
> manually download the ATrpms packages without using yum.
>
> 	Mixing repos will cause all sorts of problems.
>
> 	-Max

Hello Max!

Exactly that is the downside I see with populating this *example*

http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

file. People get it, use it as it is and even enable preset repositories
because it is easy to do so.
Don't get me wrong. I like the unofficial Fedora FAQ site much and your
work. But the yum.conf there was never taken as an example file by the
users.
Maybe you should insert there a clear warning about consequences
enabling all repositories in there. And a comment about choosing more
local mirrors (i.e. European users should use European mirrors mainly).
Although I fear commenting text is mostly ignored.

Regards

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:16:35 up 19 days, 0 users, load average: 3.12, 1.42, 0.97