mplayer as dependency error

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net
Mon Jan 10 21:41:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:25:00PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Max Kanat-Alexander um 22:06:
>
> > 	The original problem is that you mixed fedora.us packages with ATrpms
> > packages.
> >
> > 	That doesn't work. You need to uninstall all fedora.us (or pre-extras)
> > packages before you use the ATrpms packages, or the other way around. Or
> > manually download the ATrpms packages without using yum.
> >
> > 	Mixing repos will cause all sorts of problems.
> >
> > 	-Max
>
> Hello Max!
>
> Exactly that is the downside I see with populating this *example*
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf
>
> file. People get it, use it as it is and even enable preset repositories
> because it is easy to do so.
> Don't get me wrong. I like the unofficial Fedora FAQ site much and your
> work. But the yum.conf there was never taken as an example file by the
> users.
> Maybe you should insert there a clear warning about consequences
> enabling all repositories in there. And a comment about choosing more
> local mirrors (i.e. European users should use European mirrors mainly).
> Although I fear commenting text is mostly ignored.

Or perhaps two yum.confs, as there are more or less two camps with
only a few common repos (namely those that occupy a nice of their own
like jpackage)?

FWIW there is a set of config files for yum/apt/up2date/smart with a
dozen compatible repos distributed in medley-package-config.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net