MySQL startup confused

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Tue Jan 11 18:51:19 UTC 2005

This is from mysqld.log:
-------------
050111 17:26:21  mysqld started
Cannot initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set.
If you do not want to use transactional InnoDB tables, add a line
skip-innodb
to the [mysqld] section of init parameters in your my.cnf
or my.ini. If you want to use InnoDB tables, add to the [mysqld]
section, for example,
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
But to get good performance you should adjust for your hardware
the InnoDB startup options listed in section 2 at
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

Sasa

--On 11. januar 2005 11:56 -0500 replies-lists-redhat at listmail.innovate.net