Rebuilding Fedora Core 3 Kernel

Fedora fedora at emobilenetworks.com
Tue Jan 11 21:42:49 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 12:32 -0800, Fedora wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to rebuild the Fedora Core 3 Kernel from the source cds I got
>>off Redhat but I can't seem to build it correctly. Can anyone help me
>>out? I'm using Kernel version 2.6.9-1.667.
>>

>Try the guide at http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/kernel-
>compilation-tutorial-en/ and see if that helps.
>
>Paul.

Thanks Paul.

I followed the instructions and got it built, but it doesn't seem to
match the default Kernel that comes with the release. For example the
one I built doesn't have the -1.667 trailer on the Kernel version, as
well as it's missing some other parameters. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason