Install FC3 with 2.6.10

Ryan D'Baisse ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:04:58 UTC 2005

Okay, today is a great day!  I have finally been able to move from the
2.6.5 version of my kernel, that I have had on FC2 forever, to 2.6.10.
 The 2.6.9 version gave me problems with ACPI so I could not move
forward... not on FC2 and definitely not with FC3.  Which brings me to
my question...

FC3 ships with kernel 2.6.9, which I cannot run with.  If I install
FC3 I will have to disable ACPI just to boot.  Since I am running FC2
with 2.6.10, I am assuming that I can run FC3 with 2.6.10 and
everything will work fine.  My question is in two parts...

1. Is it possible to download an ISO of FC3 with 2.6.10 so I may do an
install from CD?

2. Since I assume the answer to #1 is a big fat "no," is it possible
to download the 2.6.10 updates for FC3 now, while I am still on FC2,
and apply them without any connectivity to the outside world, once I
have FC3 on the box?

This is critical as Linuxant's Driverloader -- my saving grace for my
PCMCIA NIC -- won't load with the 2.6.9 kernel in FC3 because of ACPI
issues.  So, I would essentially need to get FC3 with 2.6.10 before I
have any networking.

Thanx,
Ryan