FC 3 Upgrade !!!

Harikumar Krishnan talk2root at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:13:18 UTC 2005

Hey friends..
                    It seems to me that Fedora Core cant be upgraded
by booting from the CD. I have had the same case with FC2 & FC1. First
I tried to install Gnome this way. But I couldnt. Then I upgraded from
within Kde by autorunning the Cd.
And it worked. Actually the packet management tool looks pretty nice.
                     But whatabout the upgrade from cd option?? For
anyone who has  installed FC 3 without the GUI, upgrading would be a
task! Ya u can do it by installing the required rpms by the rpm
command and configure for graphical boot by doing quiet a lot of
configuration editing. But what about upgrading by booting from CD?
All ur opinions and suggestions are welcome..

Cheers..