acrobat 5.0.10 error: /usr/lib/acroread/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6:....

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Jan 12 17:39:33 UTC 2005

Greetings

I downloaded the arcoreader from
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobatreader/unix/5.x/linux-509.tar.gz
I tried installing by unpacking the tar.gz
I ran the ./INSTALL
and got this error when trying to acroread from the command line.

So I googled and found the tutorial at
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/acroread/5.0.9/
followed it to the "t" and succesfully built the rpm

installed it and get the same error:
error: /usr/lib/acroread/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading
shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I have checked the mentoned path it exists but can't work out why it won't
work.
any ideas?

OH I have also followed the link on fedora news for the 5.0.9 but it is
symlinked to 5.0.10

So I am still stuck!

--
Chadley Wilson