Sound problems with new kernel 2.6.10-1.737_FC3

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Wed Jan 12 19:59:00 UTC 2005

I just tried the new kernel this morning and noticed that the sound from a
gnome startup program did not occur. On further investigation I find that the
play command, xmms, and the test sound of system-config-sound does not occur. My
gnome sound events do occur. But that seems to be the only thing that does
happen. I have a ensoniq sound card (soundblaster 16).
I noticed from the fedora-list that other people are having sound problems. Should I
bugzilla this or has someone else already done that?

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA