creating an icon using /etc/skel

ne... guhvies at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:41:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:19:19 +0200, Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za> wrote:
> Hi guys
> one more then I must go home! :) (it 10pm here)
>
> If I wanted to add text file to the desktop of all new user accounts, where
> can I put the file, or how would I do it.
> I have tried putting it in etc skel but it doesn't work.
> any ideas?
/etc/skel contains files that get copied to the user's home directory.
I am not sure whether it creates directories. If it does, you will need
to create the Desktop directories in there and then put the text file in
there.

N.Emile...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest